Creative contributors are welcome to submit articles, photographs and video that fall within the realm of MISSION… features and photography that relate to travel, and/or humanitarian issues and/or volunteer travel for potential publication on our website and/or print magazine. The MISSION content team will contact you if your submission is suitable for MISSION.
MISSION welcomes ideas 500 to 2000 words in length. Please include two recent writing clips from different publications.
MISSION accepts work in digital format only: stills, photo essays and features, as well as multimedia projects are all welcomed. On top of completed projects, please feel free to submit work in progress, out-takes from past assignments, or work from NGOs and nonprofits (along with information regarding your involvement with the organization). Please note the following guidelines:
- 1) Photo essays should be no longer than 15—20 images. For photo essays complete with text, please attach in a separate Word document.
- 2) Email your photos as level 12, sRGB, 72 dpi jpgs (do not use “save for web”).
- 3) Size your photos no larger than 700 px wide.
- 4) In the body of your email, please include your full name, website, and/or a short bio (do not send a resume/CV).
- 5) Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
MISSION will accept short videos through an external link of the filmmakers choice (YouTube, vimeo, blip.tv, etc.). To submit a link please note the following guidelines:
- 1) Send an email with your name, contact information, and a short description of the video project.
- 2) Videos exceeding 5 minutes will not be viewed.
- 3) MISSION will not accept unedited or raw footage.
Send all submissions to submissions@MISSION.tv